Home Care Alliance Executive Director Patricia Kelleher has been named to the Health Policy Commission Advisory Council joining a list of other health care leaders who will help guide the implementation of the state’s Health Care Cost Containment Law.
Better known as Chapter 224, (“An Act Improving the Quality of Health Care and Reducing Costs through Increased Transparency, Efficiency and Innovation”) the law requires the Health Policy Commission’s (HPC) Executive Director to establish the Advisory Council and designate members with diverse perspectives on the health care system to two-year terms. The Council will advance Chapter 224 implementation by advising on the HPC’s overall operations and policies, providing feedback on a grant program to support new system delivery and payment reform methods, and encouraging public and stakeholder engagement in the HPC’s work.
“This is an impressive group that promises to enrich the HPC’s work,” said Executive Director Seltz. “They are part of the coalition that made the first chapter of Massachusetts health care reform such a resounding success and the passage of our nation-leading cost containment law possible. Each member will bring a different and important perspective to our work to implement Chapter 224. I am grateful for their willingness to serve.”
The Advisory Council includes the following members from across the state:
- Christine Alessandro, Executive Director, BayPath Elder Services, Inc.
- Dianne Anderson, RN, President & CEO, Lawrence General Hospital
- Michael Caljouw, Vice President, Government & Regulatory Affairs, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- JD Chesloff, Executive Director, Massachusetts Business Roundtable
- Cheryl Clark, MD, Director of Health Equity Research & Intervention, Brigham & Women’s Hospital
- John Cox, President, Cape Cod Community College
- Karen Day, Executive Director, US Policy, AstraZeneca
- Ralph de la Torre, President & CEO, Steward Health Care System
- Vicker “Vic” Digravio, President & CEO, Association of Behavioral Health
- Ronald Dunlap, MD, South Shore Hospital, President-Elect, Massachusetts Medical Society
- John Erwin, Executive Director, Conference of Boston Teaching Hospitals
- Julian Harris, MD, Director, Office of Medicaid
- Jim Hunt, President & CEO, Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers
- Jon Hurst, President, Retailers Association of Massachusetts
- Dan Keenan, Senior Vice President, Government Relations, Sisters of Providence Health System
- Patricia Kelleher, Executive Director, Home Care Alliance of Massachusetts
- Gene Lindsey, MD, President & CEO, Atrius Health
- Geoff MacKay, President & CEO, Organogenesis
- David Martin, Senior Director, Health Policy, Covidien
- David Matteodo, Executive Director, Massachusetts Association of Behavioral Health Systems, Inc.
- Dolores Mitchell, Executive Director, Group Insurance Commission
- Abraham “Ned” Morse, President, Massachusetts Senior Care Association
- Joyce Murphy, Executive Vice Chancellor, Commonwealth Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Lynn Nicholas, President & CEO, Massachusetts Hospital Association
- Cheryl Pascucci, APRN, FNP-C, Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Lora Pellegrini, President & CEO, Massachusetts Association of Health Plans
- Julie Pinkham, Executive Director, Massachusetts Nurses Association
- Donald Thieme, Executive Director, Massachusetts Council of Community Hospitals
- David Torchiana, MD, President & CEO, Massachusetts General Physicians Organization
- Celia Wcislo, Vice President, 1199 SEIU of Massachusetts
- Brian Wheelan, Executive Vice President for Corporate Strategy & Development, Beacon Health Strategies
- Amy Whitcomb Slemmer, Executive Director, Health Care for All
Return to www.thinkhomecare.org.