Our 2022 Annual Report highlights the Alliance and Foundation’s achievements and finances over the past 12 months.
Highlights from the Past Year
- Updated and revised the Alliance Bylaws to create a Hospice Member category and restructure the board to be more representative of the membership
- Worked with an outside consultant to develop a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion self-assessment tool for member agencies
- Created a home care leaders of color group facilitated by Charlene Brown to provide networking and peer support
- Conducted member forums to gather input, and then submitted detailed comments and recommendations to MassHealth on revisions to home health, continuous skilled nursing, and hospice regulations
- Researched and identified reliable resources for PPE (www.ppe-buyers.com and www.bttnusa.com) to reduce impacts of supply-chain disruptions.
- Collaborated with Barbara Citarella of RBC Limited to produce an e-book on Workplace Safety for Occupational Exposure to COVID-19.
- Identified a new preferred partner for retirement plans in Mutual of America
- Successfully advocated for continuation/expansion of ARPA and Enough Pay to Stay rate add-on investments
- Worked with HCA Council and the legislature to translate the recommendations from the Home Care Licensure Commission into a legislative bill
- Successfully advocated for inclusion of a $13.5M Home Health Student Loan Repayment program and $16.5M workforce development grant program as part of the legislature’s initiative to appropriate American Rescue Plan Act funds.
- Worked with the MHA Post-Acute Care Transitions workgroup on COVID and capacity issues across the continuum.
- Increased frequency of Clinical Director and Quality Improvement Group meetings to monthly.
- Testified at the MassHealth Hearing regarding the proposed Hospice Regulations, requesting a number of changes and clarifications to the regulations as proposed, as well as urging MassHealth to conduct provider education about the revised regulations.
- Established an Infectious Disease Management Group/Listserv and hosted an educational meeting , and Hospice Infection Control Expert presenting Infection Prevention and Control COVID Update.
- Developed a 5-hour webinar series, for home health clinicians and managers entitled Home Health 101: Orientation to Home Health Compliance
- Advocated for and communicated to members COVID relief funding for providers and employers
- Thousands of member regulatory and pandemic-related questions
Read the full report below.