As the Alliance prepares for its new membership year, we review our recent accomplishments.
Return to www.thinkhomecare.org.
The Alliance’s 2012 Annual report This We Know For Sure
is now available for digital download from our website. Learn about both the Alliance’s vision for the future, and help us celebrate this past year’s successes, including:
- Sponsorship of our first Innovation Showcase;
- The re-launch of our Job Bank as the New England Home Health Career Center;
- Work on Wage and Hour Issues, especially those related to overtime and live-in care;
- Development of new programs through the Foundation for Home Health, including an interactive video presentation on the “Art of the Home Care Admission Visit,” as well as trainings for ICD-9-CM coding and OASIS–C.
- Sponsorship of a Western Mass RWJ grant on developing a care transitions curriculum for nurses.
- Assistance in navigating changes to the CORI process and new parameters around free access for agencies with state contracts;
- Expansion of the Boston Parking Placard Program;
- Redesign of the Resource Directory and “Find an Agency” web search;
- Revamp of the Agency Accreditation Program
- Leadership on proposals to reject efforts to impose a co-payment on Medicare home health;
- Negotiation a significant change in state Medicaid policy in delaying any TPL recoupments;
- Plans to revise and dovetail the Home Health Universal Authorization Form;
- Sponsorship of Lobby Day to bring members together with legislators to advance telehealth, changes to nurse delegation practices and a state certificate of need process; and
- Assembled and distributed a series of “Keeping It Legal” policy statements on Patient Choice, Illegal Inducements and the Medicare Face to Face Rules;
…and others! Download the PDF today to find out more.