In the absence of meaningful licensure requirements for home care providers in Massachusetts, the Home Care Alliance has established a series of Accreditation Standards as a means to promote quality services, ethical business standards, and superior employment practices. The goal of these standards is to ensure that the clients served by agencies accredited by the Home Care Alliance of Massachusetts receive safe, competent, quality, and respectful home care services.
Benefits of Accreditation:
The Home Care Agency Accreditation Program of the Home Care Alliance of Massachusetts allows agencies that provide in-home client services to demonstrate that they meet high standards of quality. Accreditation:
- Shows clients and families that your caregivers are direct employees and that you carry workers’ compensation, liability insurance, and an employee dishonesty bond.
- Demonstrates that your caregivers receive background checks, screening, and proper training for their job.
- Proves your commitment to following ethical and legal guidelines in your business operations.
- Provides a competitive edge in the marketplace and can contribute to securing new business.
- Enhances staff recruitment and development by showing your commitment to fair labor standards.
Accredited agencies receive recognition in several ways:
- Use of the Alliance’s Accreditation Logo to show your commitment to quality on your website, brochures, and stationery.
- Listing on the Alliance’s website as an Accredited Agency.
- For Alliance member agencies, designation as an Accredited Agency in the Alliance’s print directories and in the Find an Agency function on the Alliance’s website, which enhances your visibility and credibility.
To learn more, visit the program’s website and download an application today.
Return to www.thinkhomecare.org.