The July Q&As are here!
CMS has just released the latest guidance for OASIS, July 2013 Quarterly Q&As. This quarterly update contains 16 new question and answers including guidance related to:
- Observation stays-When a patient is in observation status at a hospital past day 60 of the current episode, treat this event as a missed recertification and complete the recertification as soon as possible after the patient returns home
- M1055- clarifying the response if an agency does not immunize patients
- Clarification to multiple questions related to pressure ulcers and surgical wounds
- Clarifying time frames in multiple M-items
- M1240- time frame used to assess pain,
- M1620 time frame when to assess bowel incontinence and
- Clarification to M1242, Response 4 – “All the time”
- Timely resumption of care (ROC)-when a ROC OASIS is done outside the required 48-hour time frame, clinicians must answer “no” to several best practice questions:
- M1240 (Pain assessment),
- M1300 (Pressure ulcer risk assessment),
- M1730 (Depression screening),
- M1910 (Falls risk assessment) and
- M2250 (Plan of care synopsis).-if a best practice listed under M2250 is not applicable to the patient, answer “NA.”
Return to www.thinkhomecare.org.