Have you hired staff new to home health care? Need a refresher on the basics of home health compliance? Due for a review on the latest regulation changes?
As the Alliance’s director of clinical and regulatory affairs, I’m often asked these questions from members looking to ensure that their clinical staff and managers have the tools they need to successfully navigate the regulatory challenges they’ll face in home health. In the past, I’ve done in-person presentations on this material but now—to ensure that even more people have access to it—I’m pleased to announce that Home Health 101 is available digitally for the first time.
In Home Health 101, I highlight the Conditions of Participation standards (COPs), Medicare regulations related to the survey process, and how the survey process works. 5 CEU credits are available (for a small processing fee) to those who complete the course and pass an evaluation.
Objectives include how to:
- Review the Home Health’s Conditions of Participation (COPs);
- Identify three of the five criteria for Medicare certification for home health benefit;
- Understand Requirements for Physician Orders and Face-to-Face (F2F);
- Identify Medicare’s definitions of “confined to home”; and
- Review patient notices.
The program is broken into five sections:
- Part 1: Orientation to Home Health
- Part 2: Conditions of Participation (CoPs)
- Part 3: Patient Notices
- Part 4: Conditions of Participation, Contin.
- Part 5: Skilled Professional Services and HHA Services