Registration is OPEN NOW for the first Community Health Worker (CHW) Registered Apprenticeship Program established in Massachusetts and one of only a few in the nation.
The Center for Health Impact TM (formerly known as Central MA AHEC) in Worcester, Massachusetts is delighted to report that the Fairlawn Foundation Fund of the Greater Worcester Community Foundation has awarded funds to establish the creation of a Community Health Worker (CHW) Registered Apprenticeship Program in Central Massachusetts.
Apprenticeship is a flexible training system that benefits both employers and workers through its structured on-the-job learning and job-related classroom instruction. (Learn more about Apprenticeship USA at: https://www.doleta.gov/OA/apprenticeship.cfm.)
The 150-hour course, anticipated to start on April 5th, 2016 (pending enrollment/subject to change) will be offered free of charge to qualified applicants in Central Massachusetts by the Center for Health Impact TM Outreach Worker Training Institute (OWTI) in Worcester. Participants will earn a certificate of course completion aligned with the requirements established by the Massachusetts Board of Certification of CHWs.
To qualify, an individual must be employed or about to be employed with an employer who will:
- Provide them 2200 hours of on-the-job paid apprenticeship learning and supervision in one calendar year
- Reward the apprentice for skills gained by an increase in pay within one calendar year
- Authorize the apprentice to attend the 150-Hour course (120 hours of class time; 30 hours of homework).
Benefits for employers:
- Access to free CHW core competency training for employees
- Access to incentives as an employer working with the CHW Registered Apprenticeship Program
- Well trained and job proficient employees who meet employers’ specific needs
- Enhanced employee retention
- Improved service delivery
For questions, or to request the registration package for the Community Health Worker (CHW) Registered Apprenticeship 150-Hour Certificate Course, please contact: Tatyana Gorodetsky, at email@example.com or by phone at: 508-556-1332.
One thought on “Unique, Grant-Funded Training Opportunity for Central Mass. Home Care Workers”
Good opportunity for home care workers.