For the fifth episode of Talking Home Care, Pat Kelleher talks emergency and disaster preparedness with Barbara Citarella, president of RBC Limited Healthcare & Management Consultants. Topics include:
- CMS’s 2016 preparedness operations requirements;
- The unique challenges home care agencies face during emergencies (as well as their unique capabilities);
- Lessons agencies can learn from recent natural disasters;
- Home care’s ability to provide surge capacity for other health providers;
- The biggest obstacles agencies face in implementing a disaster plan; and
- Resources for agencies who wish to become better prepared.
- Aspr-Tacie resources for home health and hospice agencies;
- RBC Limited’s store, where you may purchase the manual Barbara and the Alliance developed together;
- The brochure for the 2018 New England Home Care and Hospice conference, where Barbara will run table-top simulations on Thursday and Friday;
Host: Patricia Kelleher is the Executive Director of the Home Care Alliance of Massachusetts.
Guest: Barbara Citarella is the president and founder of RBC Limited Healthcare and Management Consultants, a national leader in the home health and hospice industry in addition to disaster planning. As the only recognized expert in the area of home care and hospice disaster planning, she specializes in emergency disaster planning, bioterrorism, health care development and operations. She provides education to law enforcement and government agencies, health care providers, private sector, first responders, national and state associations in all aspects of disaster preparedness.
Don’t want to miss the next episode of Talking Home Care? Subscribe through iTunes, Google Play, or enter the following in your podcast app: https://thinkhomecare.wordpress.com/category/talking-home-care-podcast/feed/
Return to www.thinkhomecare.org.