The Talking Home Care podcast returns after a summer hiatus. In this third episode, Pat Kelleher talks with Andrea Cohen, co-founder and CEO of HouseWorks, one of the largest and most successful private care home care agencies in Massachusetts. Topics include:
- A primer on private care home care (what it is, who it serves, what it offers, is it affordable, etc.);
- How private care agencies earn their clients’ trust;
- How technology empowers agencies and families alike;
- What private care agencies are doing to overcome workforce challenges; and
- What the future holds for the industry in the post-Baby Boom years.
You may directly download the podcast here (Length: 27’54”; Size: 13 MB).
Host: Patricia Kelleher, Executive Director of the Home Care Alliance of Massachusetts.
Guest: As the co-founder and CEO of HouseWorks, Andrea Cohen’s vision crystalized over 20 years ago when she took care of both of her parents. HouseWorks’s fundamental innovation has been an entrepreneurial approach to service delivery that returns a sense of control to adult children and their parents.
Don’t want to miss the next episode of Talking Home Care? Subscribe through iTunes, Google Play, or enter the following in your podcast app:
- Secora Care. A secure, passive, and private remote-monitoring platform.
- The Conversation Project. Talking about elders’ wishes for end-of-life care.
- Laurie Orlov’s Tech-Enabled Home Care Report.
Return to www.thinkhomecare.org.