For the fourth episode of the Talking Home Care podcast, Pat Kelleher talks with Bill Dombi, interim president of the National Association for Home Care & Hospice (NAHC). Topics include:
- Background on the the Home Health Grouper Model (HHGM) and an update on its status;
- Discussion of the $950M/year reduction in overall home health spending, as estimated by CMS (and estimated to be much, much higher by NAHC);
- An update on NAHC’s lobbying efforts, specifically its support of a letter sponsored by Senators Nelson and Rubio to oppose the new model;
- How we need agencies to contact their representatives immediately (by the end of the Monday, September 25);
- How cuts may affect the home health workforce; and
- Holding the Trump Administration to its promise to reduce paperwork administrative overhead.
You may listen to the podcast by clicking the play button above, downloading it directly, or subscribing through iTunes or Google Play. (Length: 29’00”; Size: 14 MB).
- Send a Message to Senators Markey and Warren urging the Senate to request CMS withdraw HHGM
- Send a message to Congress asking CMS to withdraw the proposed Home Health Grouper Model (HHGM)
- Background: “CMS Must Withdraw the Proposed Home Health Groupings Model“
Host: Patricia Kelleher is the Executive Director of the Home Care Alliance of Massachusetts.
Guest: William Dombi was appointed as NAHC’s interim president this past August, and served as its vice president for law since 1987. He is also director of the Center for Health Care Law, a nonprofit, public interest law firm established by NAHC, and executive director of the Home Care and Hospice Financial Managers Association. Additionally, he is a member of the advisory board of Bloomberg BNA’s Medicare Report.
Don’t want to miss the next episode of Talking Home Care? Subscribe through iTunes, Google Play, or enter the following in your podcast app: https://thinkhomecare.wordpress.com/category/talking-home-care-podcast/feed/
Return to www.thinkhomecare.org.