For the sixth episode of the Talking Home Care podcast, Pat Kelleher talks recruiting and retention with Eric Scharber, a principal of Exact Recruiting. Topics include:
- The advantages to employers of focusing on retention as much as recruiting
- How small changes in retention can make a real difference to an agency’s bottom line
- Why offering staff development is sometimes more important than pay increases
- The challenges (and opportunities) of hiring Millennials
- How to get graduating nurses and therapists to consider careers in home care and hospice
- The specific challenges of retaining non-medical caregivers such as CNAs and home health aides
You may listen to the podcast by clicking the play button above, downloading it directly, or subscribing through iTunes or Google Play. (Length: 28’30”; Size: 15 MB).
Host: Patricia Kelleher is the Executive Director of the Home Care Alliance of Massachusetts.
Guest: Eric Scharber is a principal at Exact Recruiting, a Simione Talent Solution, where he leads talent acquisition and employee retention for the home care and hospice industry. He oversees executive search and non-executive recruiting services, as well as recruitment process outsourcing, compensation analysis, and employee satisfaction survey services.
Don’t want to miss the next episode of Talking Home Care? Subscribe through iTunes, Google Play, or enter the following in your podcast app: https://thinkhomecare.wordpress.com/category/talking-home-care-podcast/feed/
Return to www.thinkhomecare.org.